Monday 4 July 2016

The Tradition of Doing the Non-traditional

Whenever I'm traveling, I try and avoid boring things such as museums and art galleries, so when my dad asked me to pick something for the trip, I knew it had to be something fun. We decided to go to Calypso Water Park, which is just outside of Ottawa. We took an uber there, who got kind of lost because it's somewhat confusing to get to. We paid our admission, got into our bathing suits, and headed off to the slides. This was no ordinary water park. It was Canada's largest water park! First we went to some simple slides, not too scary. Frances and I went on them, then moved on to the scariest one! It was called the Zoomerang. You went down a bit of a drop, and then went up on a big steep kind of hill, came down, then over a small bump, and then into the pool. They had a bigger version of this where you could have a bunch of people do it with you. Then, with Dad, I went on one of the slides I'd already been on, and he liked it a lot. We walked around for a bit, went on some more slides, and then Frances and I went on another scary slide together. It was a lot scarier that we thought! We went on lots of other rides, but one of them really stood out. The Aqualoop. Frances went on the Aqualoop, the scariest ride there. You stand in a capsule, it counts down from 3, and then the floor drops underneath you. You go straight down, then straight up and around. It's pretty scary. We ended the small trip with Dad and I going on the Kongo Expedition. It was way more awesome than we thought! We got to go through a tunnel with lots of special effects and stuff like that. Then we went in the wave pool to finish. That was one of my favourite experiences of the whole trip.


 
Frances and I were going up the stairs for our first slide. 

This was our third ride, Zoomerang. 



 
Dad and I were running out of the wave pool because it was time to go. 



-Caroline 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you made the perfect choice for your adventure day!!!

    ReplyDelete