Tuesday 5 July 2016

The Astonishing Aqualoops

BUCKLE UP YOUR SEATBELTS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN BECAUSE I WASN'T ABLE TO WHEN I WENT ON THE AQUALOOP.

Great, now that I've gotten your attention, let me tell you all about the Aqualoops at Calypso water park which is just outside of Ottawa. There's 2 slides there: the blue one (a bit of a steeper drop down), and the purple one (not as steep of a drop). Caroline and I had just come off of a pretty easy slide, but right next to it were the Aqualoops. Dad met us at the end of the slide that we had just done, and the 3 of us stared up in awe at the crazy slides. It was then that I decided that I would do it. 

This is what they look like. There's a purple one and a blue one. 

This is what it looks like to be sealed into the container waiting for the floor to drop 

And this is what it looks like to be sealed into the container from a different POV. 

Basically what happens, is they stick you into a tube that is completely sealed, except that the floor drops from underneath you.  The slide drops at almost a 90° angle downwards to give you enough speed to get around the loop de loop. You might slow down a bit when you get to the loop de loop, but you'll go faster on your way back down. You finish off in a small slowing slide which will give you the biggest and most uncomfortable wedgie you have ever experienced. ANYWAYS off I went up the stairs only to regret my decision to do so. That ride scared the crap out of me!! When I got to the top, they told me to cross my arms and legs. I think that's stupid because no matter what, your arms and legs will go wherever the heck they want. When the floor drops, you go fast. Not like "la di da let's tootle along" fast, I mean "LETS GO AS FAST AS WE CAN ON THE HIGHWAY WITHOUT GETTING CAUGHT" fast. Your body does what it wants, and it's definitely not keeping your arms and legs crossed.

Sorry for this belated post, I've had a few saving problems with the blog. 

-Frances

1 comment: