Monday 18 July 2016

PEI, my new favourite place

I thought Newfoundland stole my heart, but PEI has it too now. I can't say enough good things about this exquisite province and especially our experience at The Inn at Bay Fortune. 

The Inn is run by Chef Michael Smith, his wife Chastity, and the friendliest, most genuine and hardworking folks around.  Most are from PEI. The Inn's focus is the kitchen (Michael used to have a show called The Inn Chef when he started his career there). Virtually everything is made using fire, one huge one outside and one inside. The food area is called Fireworks. Every night they have what's called The Feast -- 65 guests eating several courses of unbelievable food all together. 

But I am getting ahead of myself. First, the beautiful Inn:
The gardens are spectacular!







Our room. 

Inside fireplace. Serious business. 

Outside fireplace. This is known as The Altar. 

Michael likes chickens, so you can imagine how much I felt at home. 

Look up, waaaay up, and I'll call Rusty. 



Heaven, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment