Thursday 30 July 2015

The Very First Day

Everyone keeps telling me to write about Edinburgh for the blog, but I've never known what to write. So here is the very short version of what happened the very first day we landed here in Edinburgh. 

It was about 7:00 am and we had just been on the plane for hours. 12 hours of travelling was a bit too much, and none of us had slept either. Dad picked us up and we drove to the flat, which was huge. Chuck and Andrew awaited us with bags packed and ready for their departure. We said our hellos and goodbyes, and they left. Dad cooked us breakfast and then Caroline and Mom decided to sleep for a while. I wanted to get used to the time difference faster, so dad and I went for a walk down Princes Street.  We went to the National Gallery of Scotland to look at the Bailey's Stardust photography exhibition. Dad said we would go up the 287 steps to get to the top of the Scott Monument, but we ended up doing that a day later. 
A view of the castle from the top of the monument.

After wandering around in the gallery for a while, we walked back home to get something to eat. I don't really remember what happened next, but I think I fell asleep for a while. I hadn't slept for 26 hours. When Dad went to go get dinner, I fell asleep again. When he came back and woke me up, I didn't know what day it was!

That is all I have to say because I can't remember what happened after that. 



On a completely unrelated note, I would like to share with you the best picture ever taken (in my opinion). 
Taken at the National Museum of Scotland. 

2 comments:

  1. awesome blog
    love the photo
    what was the Photography show like?
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photography exhibit was amazing. There were a lot of portraits of Mick Jagger and Andy Warhol. David Bailey (the photographer) was good friends with them both.

      Delete