Monday 27 July 2015

Captain Dreamy in his happy place

Here he is aboard the Royal Yacht Britannia. She sailed from 1954 to 1997 and is exquisite -- well, the Royal rooms are, and then you see some cramped quarters for various lowly crew. I'd rather be with Liz and Phil in their bedrooms:
Her's.  
His. 
Guest room, which Prince Charles outfitted with a double bed for his honeymoon with Princess Di. There's a photo of them bedside which I found quite moving--many memories flooded about the magical hold she had on me as a teenager. 

The whole ship is spectacular and makes me wonder if we could have renovated better. Then we might be able to have a family Christmas dinner at one table like this: 
But I wouldn't be setting the table with a ruler the way they had to!

No comments:

Post a Comment