Sunday 16 August 2015

Homecoming

It's 3:55 am Vancouver time, 11:55 am London time. I'm all topsy turvy!  Can't sleep, so I'll blog. 

Departure from London was seamless. The sight of police walking about in Heathrow with mega guns was a bit jarring, but I guess that's the norm these days. Interestingly, I found Heathrow way quieter than other airports. 

Air Canada served us well. I didn't have to pay for a beer, so I was very satisfied. 

Imagine our delight as we came through the doors at YVR and saw Scott's parents, Karen and Jim, smiling and waving to us.  That was an unexpected bonus. I'm mad at myself for not getting some pics of that!  

After hugs and kisses and catch up, we piled our now 6 bags into a cab and headed home. Look what greeted us!
Fresh scones from the Bachs. We needed those!
And this fabulous card from the Brookeses:

Luke the Duke had been working his magic, too. Check out the Scotty Potty (man cave lair biffy):


Not sure if you can see, but the lights are Kerr jars. 

 It's good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment