Sunday 16 August 2015

The (Street) Art of the Chicken

FJ and I had an amazing time on the street art tour on our final day in London. The sheer amount of artwork in a 2 mile radius is mind boggling. Our tour was nearly 4 hours and we covered a fraction of what can be seen. As far as I know we have nothing like it in Vancouver. Tour guide has a deep knowledge of the subject and we received a terrific tutorial including the important distinction between street art and graffiti writing.

Here's a very small sampling and special collection for my darling.

Gahd, you're not too bright!

Jeezus Christ, lady!

This guy used to live in the middle of the financial district, but the bankers objected and he was moved!










































A collection of my faves from Frenchman Gregos, some meant to jump out at you, some a statement about Nicholas Sarcozy.






One of the most beautiful, but easiest to overlook (which adds to it, I think):


No comments:

Post a Comment