Monday 11 July 2016

More of Fogo

I am very aware that I'm way behind in my blogging, but I don't have magical powers to catch me up, so you'll have to keep reading in trickles. 

Back to Fogo, that mesmerizing and magical place. The rest of the Inn was as spectacular as our room. 
Dining room lights. 

Reading room. 

Looking from the entrance down to the dining room. 

Telescope by the elevator.  Views from every room, nook, and cranny. 

The elevator was a superb map of the area. 

Looking at the bar from the dining room. 

Dining room. 

The board upstairs showing what's playing in the cinema...
That's Caroline on the right, investigating snacks.  We watched an interesting documentary called Strange and Familiar, about architecture on Fogo and building the Inn, as well as The Grand Seduction, which we highly recommend. 

Upstairs lounge. 

Lounge before the sauna zone. 

Saunas. 

Two outdoor hot tubs. Note strong straps keeping the lids on. Between those, and this wind --
I wasn't about to leave the comfort of my sweater and windbreaker, even to get into hot water. 

Here's the best part of the Inn on our arrival day:
Make and Break, known as the resident nuisances, clearly beloved. They are two very gentle and enormous Newfoundland dogs. 

I haven't even gotten to my birthday yet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment