Wednesday 5 August 2015

Rewind a few days

Where were we?  Ah, yes, Dumfries!

We drove through exquisite countryside to Laggan Outdoor, an adventure park created by a young guy looking to diversify the farm. I was anticipating a huge, obnoxious, Whistler-esque commercial venture, but it was the exact opposite. 
A nice small car park, a couple of small buildings (one having a fantastic cafe with  just about the best brownies ever), loads of super-friendly staff, and a very well-oiled machine. And people with their gorgeous dogs (alas, no pics, but you can imagine a pair of hyper-friendly black labs just hanging). 

After determining our weights and availability of activities (no Segways available, darn it) we ended up doing two things. This is sledging:

No rope tow; all on your own steam!
Scott
Frances
Caroline
It's like a toboggan with hand brakes. Now, I'm sure I'm not the only mature woman who has had trouble wedging her hips in one of these. Simply looking at it and then my girth shows that the math doesn't add up. Suffice to say my rides down the hill were a bit slow. 

A break for lunch, then ZIPLINING!!!  800+ meters, thank you very much!
Brave girls getting ready to jump. 
Captain Scott, ready for action. 
Even more incredible than the fun zip line was the view. I mean, come on!!!


You even fly over sheep and cows!  I tried to have a chat with them as I flew over, but they were otherwise occupied. 

Great weather that day, too. (But nipple at the zip launch.)

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe you've been in my favourite part of Scotland without me! So glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete