Monday 10 August 2015

London Street art

Not everyone thinks street art is cool. Often people mistake it for vandalism (which it sometimes is) or graffiti. What people don't know is that the pictures people make with a spray can or stickers or sculptures or anything like that is a story. It's up to you to understand what the story is; some are obvious and easy:
But others may make you stand there looking at it for a while and wonder, "What is the meaning behind this?" 
I didn't take either of these photos. These are just some examples. 

I found a few that told me a story and others that left me questioning the artist. That is the purpose of what art is. It's to tell the story without having to use words.

Here are some of the pieces I saw while on a food tour in east London today:
A Bangladeshi crane done by a Belgian street artist
This wall is a designated graffiti area where it is legal to do all street art.
This is my personal favourite. It's layered with the mystery and mischief from the child. I wonder why we have to keep quiet....?

**Apologies for the bad quality photos.**












2 comments: